This afternoon a new set of eyes looked upon Elaina. Dr Hawkins came in to close Elaina's chest. They do this at the bedside, so they asked me leave and wait in the waiting room. I was in there for about 45 minutes when the surgeon came to talk to me. He said that he wasn't going to close her chest. In fact, he didn't like how the Glenn looked and felt that it was "done wrong". So originally, he wanted to go to surgery in the morning. Well, Elaina had other plans. That's my turtle bug, she likes to do things in "her" time!!! As the afternoon progressed, her saturations dropped down into the 40's and 50's. So, we are currently in Emergency Surgery to re-do her Glenn. Because she had such a rough recovery last week, they have ordered ECMO for the operating room, and have prepared me for the worst. Thing is, if they did nothing then she wouldn't survive, at least this surgery will give her a fighting chance. So, pray, pray, pray that this surgery will be successful. This is a different surgeon than the last time, he has 32 years of Cardio-Thorasic surgery experience. He is the same surgeon that did her BT Shunt, when they told me that she only had a 10% chance of survival. I have faith that he will be able to save her. Anyway, any extra prayers at this point would be much appreciated.
Hollie and Elaina