Friday, May 23, 2008

Still at the hospital

Elaina had a good night last night. The Attending Physician said that she looks better than she has all week. He feels that making the change to the NJ was the right choice for her. That said, they are changing her formula a little bit. She's always been on a higher calorie formula, I've had to fortify it to 24 calories. In talking with the dietitians it's been decided to increase her caloric intake to 27 calories. This will make the formula thicker and also increase the fat % to help her gain the weight she needs to gain before her upcoming surgery. Because of this change and the new NJ, the doctors want to keep her for observation for at least one more night. I'm okay with this, I want to make sure that she is stable before I bring her home! So I'm off to the hospital now to spend the remainder of the day and spend the night with my cute little Elaina-bug. ugh, I miss her......

By the way, Ben got to go see the real Thomas the Tank Engine today. My Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Don took him. Thomas is spending the weekend at Heber Valley Railroad, so I got tickets for them all to take a ride. Ben is in Thomas heaven! This is Ben's 3rd year attending the event, and I think he gets more excited each time he gets to go. I made Don promise to take lots of pictures, so I'll try to get some of them posted later this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Hollie,

I found your site through Kathy Roller and wanted to say hello. I just read through your posts and wanted you to know I'm praying for Elaina. You sure have had a rocky road so far.

My daughter has Tetralogy of Fallot and DiGeorge Syndrome as well. It's always nice to meet a fellow DiGeorge Mom.

I'm glad you are getting the feedings under control and the NJ tube placed. It seems like the best thing for Elaina right now. She needs to conserve her energy and after her surgery she can start therapy to learn how to swallow and eat.

I'll be keeping up with journey and praying over Elaina and the rest of your family.

Take Care,

Vanessa

http://ariannamarie.blogspot.com