Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Spring is in the air

I want to go outside and soak in the sun and fresh air. However, the best I can do at this moment is open my windows and hope that the fresh air finds it's way in. Since Elaina can't go outside, I'm stuck inside with her. (Stuck in a good way, I'm so glad that she's home and not in the hospital!) She's been getting a little sweaty the past couple of days. I'm hoping that it's just because it's warmer inside the house. She doesn't have the best circulation, so her fingers and toes have a tendency to stay cold no matter what I do. Our pediatrician, Dr Later has advised me to keep her inside for several more weeks. He told me that he doesn't even want to discuss it until our June visit. So, in the interim, I only get to go outside to throw away the garbage or check the mail. Oh yeah, or if we have a doctors appointment. Ben played in the back yard sprinklers this afternoon. He had a blast. Maybe I'll be able to take Elaina out to play with him soon. I hope so. It was a long cold winter and I'm ready for spring.

2 comments:

carolyn q said...

Hi Hollie,
I first wanted to say how glad I am that I found your blog! The other thing is since I work in Orem I would like to meet you very soon. maybe bring lunch for us to enjoy and talk. I am sorry that I wasn't able to meet you when you were up at PCMC, but during that time I was sick with Influenza B and so I had to stay away, which was killing me because I LOVE to meet members.
You are a truly amazing mom and you deserve a major pat on your back!
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley
President, IHH

Unknown said...

Hollie, Thanks for letting me know about your blog. It's sounding like you are all hanging in there like troupers! I'm glad for the chance to know how you are all doing more often. And, I think the blog will be a good for place for you to put down your thoughts, frustrations, and achievements. Love, Aunt Leslie