They are beginning to think that these fevers are cyclical and are just Elaina's "new normal'. Here's the glitch. Dr Murphy from South Davis came and evaluated Elaina on Monday and said that she thought that transferring Elaina was possible, but not until her condition was "more predictable". So now the plan is to take blood samples every day for a week, trend her temperature hourly for that week and when nothing cultures out and her temperature is all over the place we'll just call it her "normal" behavior and then attempt to convince the doctor at South Davis that she is stable. So, she's not stable enough to go to the floor, she's not stable enough to go to South Davis (and they do hospice!), and I still have the option of taking her home. I think that is just crazy at this point. If she's not stable in a hospital environment, then how could she possibly be stable enough to go home with just Mom!?!? That's just setting me up for failure, so I'm going to hold out for South Davis.
Nothing much I can do but wait and watch. I've been moved into the back of the PICU (bed 28 for anyone that is local and wants to come say hi!) where it's quieter and I can sleep in the room and have my own bathroom (no shower). It's further away from all my heart baby friends, but I guess I'll survive.
Ben started Kindergarten yesterday. He's so darn cute!!!! He absolutely loves it. He woke up early this morning and was super worried that he was late for afternoon kindergarten. He gets to pack a snack for recess and has already made friends at the bus stop. He also informed me that his loose tooth is ready to come out. It's NOT, but he is so ready to grow up! So here are a few pictures from his first day: