Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Princess Elaina

When I got to the hospital this afternoon, Elaina was all dressed up! She was in her prettiest pink frilly dress with a huge bow.


The nurse told me that she was out of clean clothes, and this was the only thing that was left in her drawer. In my defense, I'd brought her clean laundry with me and there were a couple of onesies and 3 pairs of pants in her drawer. If you ask me, I think the nurses were just having way too much fun playing dress up! Elaina was asleep when I got there, she'd spent the morning doing physical therapy and in her swing. I put her clean clothes and blankets away and then pulled her out of the crib for some Mama snuggle time. While she was glad to see me (I got a huge smile when I kissed her cheek), she wasn't happy about being awake. So, we snuggled and rocked for a couple of hours while she finished her nap. When she woke up she was ready for some more fun. Luckily I had my camera in hand and was able to capture her cuteness!

She's still congested, but not quite as much as Monday. However, I think that her cough sounded a little worse. She doesn't seem to mind that much though, and the medical team continues to watch her carefully.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the cute little video! She was being so sweet!

8 comments:

my life: said...

Oh my goodness! Listen to her "talking"!!! What a sweet tiny voice. So alert...checking out her dress. I love that, when they accidentally find something. She is so amazing and living proof of the Awesome God we serve. Thank you so much for sharing her with us.
I don't know how you do it, I stand amazed by you as a mom.

The Portas said...

I just love her little baby noises. That is sooo sweet to hear! And I love how she checks out her dress, too. It's so good to see actual video of her. Thanks for posting this!

I will continue to pray for her congestion and cough to clear. Soon you will have nothing at all negative to report!

Take care...hugs to you guys..xoxo

Tina:0) said...

What a cutie! Vaeh was saying "peinn" (translation: pink) the whole time we watched the video. (She's just discovered pink as we just painted her room!)

Glad she's doing well! I agree with Megan - no more negative things for this little beauty!

mina said...

Elaina looks so precious in that pretty pink dress, what a princess! The video is so sweet.

Me said...

Holly, she looks amazing, she has come so very far. She amazes me!! Miss you guys, we will have to arrange a time for me to visit at the hospital since I am so close. Much love, Hilary

Anonymous said...

What a cute video! What a treat to be able to see and hear her "live", especially for those of us who don't know her personally. Be well.

Sherri said...

She's soooooooooo cute!!

carolyn q said...

I love the pictures and video. She looks so good! It was great to talk with you the other day and please let me know when I can help with Ben, as Nathan would love it!!!
I hope her cough/congestion is better.
Heart (((Hugs)))